All Wood Spiral Staircase
All Wood Spiral Staircase
Handcrafted All Wood Components
Classic Baluster Designs
Strength of Internal Steel Components
No Visible Metal or Steel Pieces
FREE Design Advice Before You Buy!
Chat With A Design Specialist For Complimentary Advice, Style Suggestions, Floor Plans, and More.
or Call 800-368-8280
This All Wood Spiral Stair gives you the traditional design of a wooden staircase with the modern structure of a spiral staircase. The steel fasteners are hidden within the design to give you the strength and durability of steel with the beauty and warmth of an all wood design. Choose from a range wood species to find the best match for your space.
When renovating a home or creating additional space, the incorporation of wooden stairs adds warmth and depth to your décor. Wood stairs offer timeless style and long lasting durability that other stairs cannot match. At Salter we design these stairs with beauty and durability in mind to bring you a safe, good looking, and long lasting wood staircase that will elevate the décor of any room. Just because these stairs look timeless does not mean the engineering behind them is outdated. Our in-house engineers have designed every aspect of our wood staircases so that you can create your very own custom spiral stair out of a variety of wood species, baluster types and railing styles, all of which work seamlessly together to form a one of a kind custom design, handcrafted at our in-house woodshop.
Ready to experience the best in Spiral Stairs?
Get started with a free, no-hassle consultation.
Same Day Pricing
Expert Design & Sizing Advice
Custom Design Options Tailored to your Budget
Estimated Product Lead Times
Get started with a free, no-hassle consultation.
The All Wood Spiral Stair can be installed following our easy step by step instructions.
Click here to learn more about installation.
Salter’s All Wood Spiral Stair highlights the beauty of craftsmanship with high quality materials as the base. We offer a wide range of wood species for your spiral stair to make sure you achieve the look and design you want.
Learn more about our All Wood Spiral Stairs here.
- Where do you ship?
- While shipping charges can vary dramatically, we ship to all US States and Canada.
- How big of an opening do I need?
- For any stair ordered with vertical balusters, you need an opening that is 2” larger than the diameter of the stair. Any stairs ordered with horizontal line rail needs an opening that is 4” larger than the diameter of the stair.
- What is Floor to Floor height?
- Floor to floor height is the measurement from the bottom floor’s finished surface to the finished surface of the upper floor.
- What is continuous sleeve?
- A continuous sleeve spiral stair features custom cut tread sleeves that stack on top of each other to reach your spiral stair height. It’s called a continuous sleeve
- Is the travel direction reversible or does that have to be determined before I order?
- Most of our standard models’ rotation (travel direction) are reversible and can be determined on site, during installation.
- How do I know if the stair I want meets code?
- Our team of design consultants are well-versed in the most current code requirements and can answer any questions you have. We always recommend contacting a local building code inspector to make sure you know what code is enforced in your particular area.
- Do you provide any documentation for building code inspectors or architects?
- For an additional fee, we can provide documentation in many different formats and requirements; from shop drawings to engineering stamps and calculations.
- Is there anything I can do to fill up some of the gap between treads?
- We offer riser bars and limiters for our econo and econo + models. For our classic series, we also offer many different code compliant tread styles for a similar effect.
- Will this spiral stair rust outside?
- This spiral stair features a zinc dipped galvanized steel finish that lasts in all weather conditions. This maintenance free stair is perfect for outdoor spaces in any climate!
- How customizable are your stairs?
- With the exception of our econo series, our stairs can be fully customized to meet your specific requirements.
- Are the treads adjustable?
- Some models are offered with an adjustable treads where your final riser height can be determined on site, during installation.
- Can I order a galvanized stair finished in a particular color?
- We do not offer a color finish on our galvanized stairs because this is largely dependent on surface preparation and the environment in which they are installed. Our recommendation is to discuss preparation and methods with a local painter or paint store to get some helpful tips.
- What is a half turn staircase?
- The half-turn staircase, or 2/4, is a variant of the quarter-turn staircase. With this type of staircase, from the base to the top, the steps and the person on them turn 180°.
A wide range of styles and options to create your custom wood stair solution
Chat with a Design Pro!
Speak directly with an expert stair designer for help with choosing the right stair options and other important decisions like location, measurements, rotation, design, safety, and building code considerations.Call 800-368-8280
Wood Tread Styles
Salter offers 2 all wood tread styles to enhance your spiral stair design.
Long Curved Tread
With different sizes and shapes available, your solid wood handrail can be designed to match your space's style.
Standard Shape Handrail
Elongated Wooden Railing
Bead and Finger Groove Wooden Handrail
Customize your stair with either solid wood balusters or groupings of ornate iron spindles.
Fluted Wooden Baluster
Plain Wooden Baluster
Ornate Wooden Baluster
Twist Wooden Baluster
Square Wooden Baluster
Salter’s variety of handrail end posts offers several ways to set the tone for your stair’s style.
With over a dozen domestic and exotic species available, finding the perfect wood tone to highlight the beauty of your space is easy. We leave our wood components in their natural, unfinished state to make it easier for you or your contractor to custom stain/finish your stair to match your existing space.
Positive: Customer Service, Installation, Price
Easy to install stairs. I like the open air look and the speed on what I put them up. It is easier with 3 people. It took us 4 hours to complete the job. The only issue I found on the galvanized coating is there are some sharp areas from the dipping, but not terrible, but I may ask for them to send me a new rail. The rest I am very happy with. It is very sturdy. The customer service is great.
Positive: Professionalism, Punctuality, Quality, Responsiveness, Value
Professional and friendly design consultation, quality product and good directions for installation. Everything arrived in one box on a pallet, plus the separate center column. Haven't installed it yet, but getting ready to do it soon.
NIAGARA FALLS, NY
Positive: Quality, Appearance
The quality of the stairs was outstanding. They arrived well-packaged and complete. The instructions were precise. The final product looks great. The manufacture time was longer than predicted.
Positive: Professionalism, Punctuality, Responsiveness
The product was exactly as described and arrived in good condition when I was told it would arrive. I was nervous about making such a big purchase from an out of state supplier without being able to see it first but I am happy with the results. The representative I worked with was very attentive and responsive. She even had a zoom meeting with me before I ordered to show me plans of how the stairs would look, what material they’re made of, delivery details, and to answer all my questions. I recommend!